Monday, October 13, 2008

Avoiding school work...

I'm so exhausted lately. Going to school pretty much full-time and working full-time takes a toll on me. It's extremely exhausting but completely rewarding. Reading about our government puts me to sleep every night. It's interesting stuff but it's just really dense. To avoid school work I goof off on facebook, check out random blogs and websites but even that gets old.

One creepy thing I discovered is Megan's Law. The law was formed by the Kanka family. Their 7 year old was raped and murdered by a neighbor who was convicted of molestation twice but no one knew. The website claims that all states have some form of Megan's Law established. Basically, all persons that have been convicted as a sexual offender has to register on Megan's Law website and the general public can look up their area by address, zip code or school and the website will list how many offenders live in your area . It kind of creeped me out to see how many were in my area, I think it was about 6 or 7. 
www.meganslaw.ca.gov
at your own discretion...

No comments: